In case of imminent endangerment of the environment, BALSA GmbH undertakes the projecting and realisation of measures for the protection / remediation of affected properties.
Contaminated site N27 “Parking lot Brevillier Urban”
The objective of this project is an plot, which nowadays is used partly as a parking lot and partly as agricultural land. It is said, that up to the early 1960s, production leavings of a metal-working company have been deposited there. More specifically, sludge arising from the neutralisation of waste water, leavings from the foundry as well as slags and building rubble are involved. Solvents (CFCs) were also deposited.
- excavation and disposal of waste materials from the former dumpsite
- hydraulic measures (safety wells, cleaning of groundwater, infiltration wells, pump & treat technology)
- soil-suction measures in the unsaturated underground
Assignments of BALSA:
Complete realisation and management of remediation measures:
- conceptual planning / project-filing / detailed planning
- planning and management of detailed exploration
- planning of remediation measures
- carrying out of tendering and award procedures
- all agenda of project-management and
- local technical and financial supervision of works
The implementation of the clearance work and the creation of the hydraulic and pneumatic rehabilitation measures have been completed since the summer of 2017. The rehabilitation measures set up as well as the hydraulic rehabilitation system (groundwater cleaning system) and the pneumatic rehabilitation system (ground air extraction system) were put into operation and evidence with regard to chemicals is documented on a continuous basis.