In case of imminent endangerment of the environment, BALSA GmbH undertakes the projecting and realisation of measures for the protection / remediation of affected properties.
Contaminated site N55&56 “concrete pit fields”
The concrete pit fields, which have to be rehabilitated, are situated south-east of the already cleaned up „Fischerdeponie“. They originated before 1945 in the course of gravel exploitation for the construction of concrete fundaments. Up to the seventies, the pits were filled with garbage, construction waste, excavation materials and barrels with various contents (distillation residues, mineral oil products, organic solvents etc.). The containers that were recovered and some of the contaminated excavation material were disposed of. After the installation of a sealing layer approx. 1 m thick, the remaining excavation material was put back and also covered in an upward direction with a sealing layer of approx. 1 m.
- Remediation by so-called soil-suction and cleaning of the contaminated air by sending it through an exhaust air treatment system.
- Operation of the soil-suction equipment for approx. 3 years.
Assignments of BALSA:
Complete realisation and carrying out of remediation measures:
- basic engineering / planning of project filing / detailed planning
- design and carrying out of detailed exploration
- engineering of remediation measures
- carrying out of tendering and award procedures
- all agenda in connection with project management and project steering
Closure of the project: December 2012
Concrete pit fields (aerial view)BALSA GmbHExhaust air treatment systemBALSA GmbHSuction and cleaning of the soil airBALSA GmbH
Photo gallery contaminated site N55&56 “concrete pit fields”