In case of imminent endangerment of the environment, BALSA GmbH undertakes the projecting and realisation of measures for the protection / remediation of affected properties.
Contaminated site T9 “Rekord Cleaning”
Tyrol – Innsbruck
On the former “Rekord Cleaning” site, which covers an area of around 700m², a chemical cleaning facility and a laundry facility and a textile dye factory were operated over a period of approx. 30 years. In the area of the former site, there is contamination of the subsoil caused by CHCs and tetrachlorethene that extends into the groundwater fluctuation range. The source area incorporates an area of 300-400 m² and a volume of approx. 4,000 – 5,000 m³. The emission level currently emanating from the former site was considerable at the time of the last analysis in 2013. The dangerous waste was downgraded to priority 2 on 13.7.2016. At this point in time, the neighbouring plot was also assigned to contaminated site T9.
In June 2019, this plot was identified as a Section 18 case pursuant to ALSAG. BALSA was then commissioned with including this part of the contaminated site in the processing.
Assignments of BALSA:
Updating of the damage and recommendation for suitable measures to protect or rehabilitate the contaminated site:
- Development of a rehabilitation project for the entire contaminated site
- Handling of measures for the detailed exploration of the contaminated site
- Creation of a rehabilitation proposal or planning of the redevelopment measures
- Call for tender and award of the rehabilitation measures
- All issues of the project management and project control
Detailed exploration work will be commenced in the 1st half of 2020.